N.C. Coastal Federation's License Plate
Our North Carolina Coast is spectacular. When you purchase a Coastal Federation license plate you help keep our coast healthy and beautiful.
Did You Know - Your Plate Protects Our Coast?
With funding from the Protect Our Coast plate last year, the Coastal Federation conducted projects from Currituck to Brunswick County:
- Launched Coastal Review Online, a free, daily news service highlighting the coast’s most important issues and news.
- Obtained a state commitment to Low Impact Development (LID) that will reduce stormwater pollution from development projects.
- Distributed 100,000 copies of Our Coast magazine.
- Engaged 2,093 adult volunteers in hands-on activities, resulting in 17,301 donated hours that improved our coast.
- Developed plans for wetland restoration on nearly 20,000 acres in Hyde County with the goal of reopening closed oystering waters.
- Worked with landowners to plant 50 acres of rare and endangered Atlantic White Cedar.
- Engaged 3,313 K-12 students in an environmental education program including wetland nurseries, rain gardens and oyster habitat creation.
- Worked with volunteers to plant 11,000 sea oats to restore dune.
- Graduated seven college students who participated in the Stanback Internship Program from our Coastal Advocacy Institute.
- Conducted a course for 45 elected officials that focused on strategies to help balance environmental protection with economic development.
- Educated 18,066 people through education and outreach programs, including more than 200 public events.